Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!

(Click the box to the left to see a picture of my Dad and his wife Diane when they went to Israel.)
Today my Dad is...uhm...how old are you now Dad? Sixty-something. I just used a calculator..I think he's 63 yrs old. My Dad taught me the value of hard work and honesty. He taught me that you should care about how well you do a job because it reflects on what kind of person you are. I used to hate it when he would make me do a job over and over again but now that I'm a parent, I understand. My Dad likes it when we all get together and sing as a family. I love hearing all the harmonies! We used to sing together a lot more when we were all little. Dad is the ultimate tickle monster and used to tickle us endlessly! He is a wonderful Grandpa to the kids and my boys love being around him. He has taken Nathan on several big hikes which Nathan JUST LOVES! My Dad also takes him on long bike rides and takes him fishing. He is the ultimate "outdoor guy" in Nathan's opinion. My Dad is good at photography and takes the most BEAUTIFUL landscape pictures you've ever seen. He is also a Master Gardener and used to have MANY plants in our house.
I hope your birthday is great Dad. We all love you!

2 comments:

Mom of 3 boys said...

Tell your daddy HAPPY BIRTHDAY...from mom of 3....those are great pictures by the way....

Cindy Price said...

Sounds like you have happy memories of your father!! Interesting how we don't like what are parents did to us when we were little. Then, bam, we become parents and it all becomes clear!!