I went in his room 4 times last night (he wakes up crying and screaming). Brian had already gone in there about 4 times himself. The sleep doctor wants us to get Marshall sleeping through the night before she does another sleep study on him. We tried a new medication and we're supposed to know within a few weeks whether or not it's working. I hope it works. I'm so very tired and it's not like it's getting any better. I wish I could go take a nap.
3 comments:
I hope things get better for you and the new meds work for the little one..hopefully the doctor will be able to figure things out after the sleep study. I know TJ had to have several..because of sleep issues and the seizures...he 90% of the time sleeps through the night...my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there...
Thank-you Kim. I knew you would understand. I wasn't totally sure if TJ had sleep problems or not. It's common among Autistic kids huh. Thankfully Marshall doesn't have seizures. Hooray for TJ sleeping better! My step-mom is afraid we're messing up Marshall's brain by giving him meds. I get scared about giving him meds sometimes but I'm SO desperate for all of us to get some sleep!
Alot of people are afraid of meds, but it is no different than a diabetic taking meds...some of us have to have meds to live and be happy. TJ would not be were he is today if it wasn't for his meds, lots of love and early interventions...The secret is to find the right doctor that listen to the parents..unfortunately it is trail and error in finding the right meds at times...Don't give up and here is my advice mother to mother....listen to your heart not everyone else's...The meds will not hurt his brain....You have a long road ahead of you, your whole family does...but don't give up..He needs sleep as well as you do...the meds will not hurt him....do you really think the doctor would give him something that would hurt him??? No..we may not always agree with the docs..but they only want to help him sleep....children need sleep...Don't let anyone make you feel guilty...I have been there and done that..you know your son the best. You are in my thoughts and prayers always...
Post a Comment