
I did the UNTHINKABLE today. I took Marshall to the library. Yes, I know...I should have known better! He did OK until it was time to check out. Then he ran around and I couldn't catch him. He grabbed a book off the shelf and told me "When I am big, I will read this." I told him he's not big enough yet. He said I could read it and wanted me to check it out. I put it to the side and tried to hurry and check out. The next thing I know, a man came around the corner holding a book and pointing at Marshall saying "He threw this in the trash can." AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! This is AFTER this darling child of mine got a green dry erase marker while I was getting dressed and colored on the floor and walls of the kitchen. So, does anyone have ideas about how to get dry erase marker off the wall without ruining the paint? It wouldn't be so big a deal if we weren't renting!
On a good note, we got 2 really great books about anger and hitting. One is called Hands Are Not For Hitting. We haven't read the whole book yet because it's hard to get Marshall to sit still. Plus, we like to talk about the book and practice the things it's teaching. The book shows drawings of kids who have hit other kids. It talks about how it feels to get hit and how we don't like it. It talks about the reasons why we hit. I think it holds great potential for helping Marshall learn to stop hitting. I can talk to him until I'm blue in the face and it does no good but if he reads it in a book, it has a chance to get through to him.
4 comments:
have your tried rubbing alcohol?? It is an idea..it might work...good luck...
My "magic eraser" is and always has been --- scouring powder. Yep. Just use a very little bit on the corner of a wet dishcloth and very gently go over the marker. It will take off permanent markers, but I've never tried it on dry erase. Let me know if it works for you.
Is scouring powder Ajax type stuff? I'm guessing I shouldn't use Comet because it has a green color.
Aprilyn
Try either WD40 or the Mr Clean majic eraser those things can even take off perment marker.
As a matter a fact I have to do some wall cleaning tomorrow Lexie drew a lovely picture on her wall yesterday
JoDee
Post a Comment