Monday, January 7, 2008

Bye Bye Binki


Marshall and I cut his pacifiers today. This is the first night he will be without one. I figured, he sleeps so awful anyway that it wouldn't kill us. Ok I hope I'm not wrong. Wish me luck!
I wrote this last night and forgot to publish it. He slept about the same as usual (which is awful) but was really mad about his binki being gone. I shouldn't have waited so long. We'll just take it one meltdown at a time!

9 comments:

Cindy Price said...

Good luck, Aprilyn!! Does Marshall have something he likes to cuddle with that would help?? I hope it goes smoothly!!

Aprilyn said...

He is totally attached to his monkey and puppy stuffed animals so he's been OK so far. He cried for his bink every time he woke up last night but really it's going much better than I imagined it would.

big8smiley said...

Good luck with that. My sister had a friend who was going through the same thing. Finally she took her daughter to a duck pond and had her little girl give her pacifier to the ducks. Every time her little girl would ask for it, she would say - "Remember? You gave it to the ducks." It made it a little easier because she still knew where it was. :) It's sad to have to take something you know they love so much, but it's gotta be done! You'll be happy when all is said and done.

Aprilyn said...

Renee', that duck pond idea is so much better than my plan was!! We cut his binks and he threw them away. He's actually doing better than I thought! I made sure I used his picture schedule today because that helps him be happy. I also bought him a new train yesterday for throwing away his binkis.

Next step- some serious potty training! We're really struggling in that department. My Nathan was a cinch to potty train. Yes, yes, I know...all kids are so different.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Word of advice, the duck pond idea is good..or you can let him "help" you bag the binkies up...so a baby could have them...(yes throw them away)...because he is a big boy now...it worked for my son...hang in there...and good luck.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

We always have a binki cutting ceremony when they turn three. It's worked well. He won't be mad for long! excited for you to join us on the 52BP!

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

good luck! i feel your pain on meltdowns, one at a time is all you can do.

your christmas pictures came out great!

heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather said...

How goes the battle? Just remember he is one very valiant spirit in that little body he hasn't and we haven't quite figured out yet...I am right there with ya!