Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back In The Boot Again


My foot has been hurting so intensely that I can't even walk. So, I called my doctor back to ask if that was normal. He was concerned about it but can't help me anymore. He wants me to go see an Orthopedic Surgeon. That's all fine and dandy except for one tiny problem...my insurance ONLY covers Primary Care Physicians. It DOES NOT cover any specialists. That's because it's a Medicaid plan. So, I had to have my doctor fax in a request for me to see the specialist with specific notes as to WHY I need to be seen. Then I get to hope and pray that someone will be generous and donate their services to help me out. Basically, it's a charity case. I hope someone will be kind to me. I can't take this pain much longer. Until then, I can at least walk a little better with the walking boot. Mine fell apart so I had to take it back but they didn't have my size. So now I'm in a smaller boot that goes up to my knee. It's quite an adventure. I'm just grateful I can wear it and reduce the pain a little. :) So, that's what is new with me. I'm not complaining, I just wanted to update everyone.

10 comments:

MJ said...

That news about your foot is terrible! Good luck finding someone who can help. I studied Neuroscience, so I can tell you what nerves are causing the pain, but that's about it. My degree isn't too useful.

mindofmj.blogspot.com

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Hang in there! ((turns and shakes finger at Medicaid))

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'll complain for you.

Dagnabit. Simple. Want me to do it again?

And I'm sorry. Something is definately wrong. I hope you get to the bottom of it SOON.

Aprilyn said...

Thanks MJ. I wish your degree could help me figure this out but it's still very cool what you've learned.

Suz- Thank-you! Medicaid leaves something to be desired. I am grateful that I have at least a Primary Care Doc covered!

Lynn--that was some great complaining you did! I'm SO impressed! :)

Cindy Price said...

Awe, gee, Aprilyn, that is horrible. I wonder why they thought it was healed in the first place??? I hope you get to the bottom of what is causing the pain.

And, what's with Medicaid not paying for specialists. Evan has Medicaid as a secondary insurance and it pays for specialists!

Judy said...

Aprilyn, I have been trying to leave comments for you, but for some reason, my comments don't post. I'm trying again. So sorry you've had to experience all this pain.

Mom of 3 boys said...

I am sorry you are still in pain. I hope they get you into a doctor soon.

Britt said...

Too bad we don't live closer. Trav could come check you out. On the other hand he is "just a bone doctor".;> Good luck. Hope you get some more relief SOON!

Aprilyn said...

LOL Britt! I remember that one. Was it Issac or Theron that said that? I don't remember now. They are both so cute though.
I wish I lived closer too. My friend works for Jet Blue. Maybe I should just ask her for tickets...yeah right. I wouldn't do that to her OR to you. I don't think you WANT 2 more boys in your house. Can you imagine the fun though? :)

Kristin said...

Sorry about the ankle pain! That is awful.