














My brother Ryan came to visit on Tuesday. The kids had a great time with him and we all enjoyed the visit. It was fun to hear him play the guitar and sing. I miss singing with my family. Anyone who knows my family knows that music is so important to us. We sang "Cotton Fields" and "Twinkle Little Star". I wish I had video taped it. I still need to teach Marshall to sing "Cotton Fields" but Nathan already sings it like a pro. It's an old song I learned from my Dad when I was a kid. My Dad always played it on the guitar and we would sing it. A few people sang the melody but the rest of us found our own harmonies to go along. I LOVE IT! I love making up harmonies to songs with my siblings. It's so much fun and I really miss it. Ryan asked my boys to sing something so Marshall sang "I'm a VIP" and "The Very Best Part of Christmas" and another one about little kids who were good (I forgot the name of it.) He was SO cute and the family all loved hearing him sing. Nathan sang "Holding Hands Around the World." He has such an awesome, powerful voice! We all love hearing him sing too. I just don't always appreciate his LOUD opera singing when I'm trying to have everyone be calm. Also, Ryan and Stefanie are really good at writing their own songs. Stef actually got invited to play in The Battle of the Bands at BYU. I have her song and I'll see if I can post it on a blog entry as soon as I figure it out. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures of our family party on Tuesday. We were missing Emily and Jeff and really wished they could have been there. Click the pictures to see a larger image if you want to.
10 comments:
I love visits from siblings! So glad you and your family have been enjoying your brother this week.
I always love hearing your family sing together too. Those are some of my favorite reunion memories. Such talent!!!
Lindsey, as I recall you are quite a talented pianist. I think my Mom is what made the difference in our family's talent. She taught us so much. I really miss having time to sing with my family. I wish they would all go to the reunions. I think the last time all 6 of us kids sang together was at our Mom's funeral. That is just pathetic.
I am a only child..so I am very jealous....it really looks like everyone was having a great time.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful visit!! Family is so important!! I have never heard of the Cotton Fields song.
Cindy, you're not SOUTHERN enough! Hee hee! I will have to record Nathan singing it for you.
I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of the family. I haven't seen Ryan for a million years. How is he doing? And how cute is Stefanie?! Haven't seen her for years either. Yeah, we have lots of memories of your family singing too. One of my favorites was when you guys all sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" at Nauvoo.
I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of the family. I haven't seen Ryan for a million years. How is he doing? And how cute is Stefanie?! Haven't seen her for years either. Yeah, we have lots of memories of your family singing too. One of my favorites was when you guys all sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" at Nauvoo.
Ryan seems to be doing better. He was out here applying for a job in Moab. He has a nice girlfriend who came along with him. It would be nice to see him settle down and get married.
Stefanie is cute huh!! She is doing SO good! She's about to graduate in Elementary Music Education. She's doing her student teaching this semester. I promise I will get her song posted very soon. You'll love it. She has such an amazingly beautiful voice!
OH, I forgot to say that the other 2 darling children belong to Jenny and her hubby Brandon. James and Sara Helen were adopted but I think they look like Jenny and Brandon. I love Sara's name. Sometimes we call her Sara Helen and she smiles and is so cute. :)
Post a Comment