
This morning Marshall woke up at 5am so I've been up with him. I finally got him fed and in the general direction of getting his diaper changed in my room. I got his wet diaper off and convinced him to stay on the bed for a minute while I got a clean one. He snuggled up next to Brian and started waking him up by singing "Come, Come, Ye Saints" in a "quiet" voice. It was quiet for Marshall and you could tell by the way he was singing that he meant it to be quiet. Brian used to sing this song to Marshall when he was going to bed and now Marshall knows all 4 verses. So he was laying there singing to Brian in the buff and I was cracking up. I thought it couldn't get funnier. I was wrong. After I got a clean pull-up on Marshall, he put his nose on Brian's nose and started singing "Come, Come, Ye Saints" again but this time throwing in words like hula hoop and chicken. Every once in a while he would sing "Wend your way" then go back to his made up song again. We were laughing so hard!! What a wake up call! Do you want this kind of wake up call?? I can have Marshall call and sing to you too! It's free and easy to win...hee hee. Actually, I have unlimited long distance so it's easy to call those who are far away. Maybe some day you will get a call from Marshall. I will be nice and not call you at 5am but maybe later in the day you might just find a little voice singing you a song.
7 comments:
That is SO cute!!!! Sounds like Brian is a great big brother! Aprilyn, I have no room to complain. Ells woke up at 6:30 am this morning, early for her-and I was grumpy because of it! Yikes, I think you top me. I'd love to have a singing telegram!
That is so totally darling!! I would love a morning call!!!
I forgot to say that Brian is the Daddy. Nathan is the older brother. :) Sorry, my bad. Marshall loves to climb up to the top bunk and wake up Nathan too. He doesn't sing him awake though..he just jumps on him. Hee hee.
Autumn, I pretty much top nearly everyone in the horrible sleep department! Marshall takes 2 medicines just to get him to sleep THAT long. He went to bed around 8:30pm and woke up at 5am. I'll have to keep him up later I guess. Ugh. I'm just so ready for him to go to bed at 8pm because he acts so whiny and tired. OH well.
I think that is so cute!!! There aren't very many little toddlers who can sing that song. I don't know that I'd like to hear it at 5 am, but then I can't think of a better way to wake up. :)
I would love a wake call as well..TJ sings in the shower...Your son is so darn cute!!!
next time video it and put it on u-tube. I bet you would have a cult following!!
Sounds like a darling wake-up to me!
Though for a girl who loves to sleep in (me) nothing seems quite as cute at 5 AM...maybe 7 instead, though my two year old is usually up before then anyway.
Post a Comment