Monday, January 21, 2008

Foot Pain Still??

For those of you who have ever broken an ankle, is it normal for it to still hurt really bad when you walk? The doc said that my ankle is healed so I took off the walking boot but I have been in so much pain still!! Last night I couldn't take it anymore so I put the boot back on. This morning it doesn't hurt to walk.
There is no school for Nathan and Brian today so we're going to spend time working on Cub Scouts and then we're going to Marshall's appointment with the sleep doctor. Hopefully we can get a sleep study scheduled soon and find out why he is still waking up so much. Some nights are better than others. Last night he only woke up twice but the 2nd time I had to sleep with him to get him to go back to sleep. I'll keep you updated on what I find out about his sleep. We may end up trying CPAP while he sleeps now that he doesn't have a pacifier anymore.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Aprilyn, I broke my foot when I was young and I know it really hurt for a while after they removed the cast. I think it takes a while for those muscles to stretch out again after they have been held immobile for such a long time.

Aprilyn said...

That is why I asked. I remember you said you broke your foot once. I'll just have to tough it out until my foot gets better then. :)

Mom of 3 boys said...

Aprilyn,

My left ankle has been broken 3 times...the last creak I had to have surgery on it...and Yes it will hurt for a while, just as Judy said the muscles need to loosen up and stretch back out to normal...Motrin works well for the muscle pain..at least that is my opinion. Good luck with the doctors appointment.